If you want to keep your skin healthy and in shape, there’s no better way of doing it than exfoliation. Exfoliating the skin can remove all the dead skin cells and impurities from the face while also improving its appearance and quality. The shedding of dead skin cells will promote the growth of new skin and even out its tone, resulting in a healthier and smoother skin free of acne, pimples, wrinkles and several other skin problems.
Today we’re going to show you a simple natural recipe for an exfoliator that is easy to prepare and even easier to use. The recipe is based on lemon, a powerful citrus fruit that has numerous benefits for our health and beauty. Lemons are full of antioxidants and vitamin C which are great for your skin and can soften and smoothen it, resulting in a much better look. The scrub is completed by the addition of olive oil and sugar. The sugar’s rough texture will easily get rid of the dead cells from your skin, while olive oil nourishes it with essential nutrients and improves your skin’s overall health. The scrub is ideal for your face but can also be used on rough elbows and knees.
Here’s what you need to do:
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (unrefined)
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- Add the sugar to the olive oil first, then mix the ingredients well.
- Next, cut the lemon in half and squeeze it into the mixture, then mix well again until you get a paste.
- Use the paste to rub it on your face with your fingers for a couple of minutes – this is best done before taking a shower.
- Take a hot shower after 5 minutes and take the mask off gently, then rinse with plenty of water.
Here’s another lemon-based scrub that can do wonders for your skin:
- 1 lemon
- 1 ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon oatmeal
- Put the oatmeal in a blender and mix it until it turns to dust.
- Next, mix it with the olive oil and add the fresh lemon juice.
- Mix until you get a paste, then use it on your skin like a regular scrub.
- Repeating the process every day will remove all dead skin cells from your face and help in the treatment of acne, blemishes, pimples, and wrinkles.